Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Artwork: I'm on a roll, call me "Mr. Scanner"

Got the Shadows cover artwork down.



This is a JPEG of the million-pixel TIFF format that CD Baby likes. Once again, I did very little tweaking. I added darkening in the scanning process and upped the contrast. I also trimmed the top and bottom very slightly and moved the top lettering downward a tad.

This is such a cool photo, taken by Stephanie Gaydos. It was a double-exposure, then she used a special process to get the ultra grainy look.She really did some great photography for us. I googled her name and turned up a studio in San Diego that might be hers. I'm planning on calling to see if it's her place.

Another funny thing about the photo shoot was that the field we were in was replete with burr-laden weeds, so naturally Duane and Jon were throwing the sticky seed-pods at each other, the object being to get them to stick to the other's clothes. They were both laughing in the exposure where they are facing each other. As I recall, everyone had been tossing them at some point.

No comments: