Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sent out "the dream" today

So once CD Baby does their magic we'll have number 2 ready to download.

I've been listening to the dream a lot lately. I remember being ecstatic about the recording when it came out because the bass was a lot higher in the mix than in Shadows. Earlier today I was admiring the artwork on the top of the disc; I decided to include a scan of it here.

The songs which have been going through my head the most have been The Dream, Quest and Darkness at Twilight. I copied the lyrics to The Dream below.

The Dream
by Nathan Depew

Spirit exalt yourself
Give me the words to live this dream --
This dream called life
These strange things all around
Why do these people sound so scared?
So shaking scared?

I hope someday I can see you
To find if I have really lived
I hope someday you will breathe for me
I get so tired of breathing

I have found emptiness
In almost everything I've seen
(Close your eyes.)
A Dove born from the sky
Bathed in Love's Pure Light
I dream this--it's more than real.

I hope some day I can see you --
To find if I have really lived
I hope someday you will breathe for me.
I get so tired of breathing.

I forget whose idea it was to have a group whistling of "Row, row, row your boat" in the background at the end, but that always brings a smile to my face.

No comments: